Pets Imperial® Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop
Pets Imperial® Arlington Chicken Coop
- Dimensions incl nest box: 8 ft 2" (W) x 2 ft 5" (D) x 3 ft 3" (H)
- Suitable for up to 6 small-sized birds (bantams)
- One nesting area with 2 individual nesting spaces
- Two roosting perches inside
- Opening roof over nesting area for easy egg collection
- Pull-out tray/dropping board covered with galvanised metal for easy cleaning
- Closeable hen house door
- Waterproof asphalt roof
- Run area with super-tough reinforced wire
- Made from animal-friendly treated timber, solid tongue and groove assembly, designed to last for years
- Also suitable for other small animals like rabbits, ferrets, fowl, duck, guinea pig, quail
- Comes flat packed in two boxes, requires assembly, clear instructions
- All parcels will be shipped together but could arrive separately, depending on how the courier organises their daily deliveries
The Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop has outstanding build quality and a multitude of features that make it great value for money. From its stunning design to its durable stained timber, this is a hen house that your birds will be truly happy to stay in.
Its approximate dimensions are 8 ft 2" (W) x 2 ft 5" (D) x 3 ft 3" (H) including the nesting box overhang.
This chicken coop includes both an interior space for roosting (two roosting perches inside) and nesting (nesting box with two spaces), and an exterior extended run area for the birds to roam around, sunbathe, dust bathe, and forage on grass.
Thanks to the lifted enclosed coop structure, the amount of footage within the run is maximised. This elevated design not only maximises indoor and outdoor space but has other benefits too:
- The main sleeping area is far away from the ground and remains dry even after heavy rainfall
- The elevated coop provides additional protection from rodents or pests
- A higher coop appeals to chicken’s natural instinct to be up high and roost off of the ground
- Raised coops are easier to reach into when collecting eggs, cleaning, and doing maintenance
This coop comes with a non-slip ramp - a fantastic feature that allows your chickens (or other pets) to walk up into the indoor area with ease. In addition to the non-slip surface, the ramp has built-in timber ridges that chickens can cling onto with their claws, which is essential if the ground has been dewy.
Locking your chickens in the evening and letting them out in the morning is easy with the built-in hinged handle (corn beef key) connected to the pophole (door). Simply pick up the handle and push it in to close the door – no need to enter the run area to do so. This will keep your chickens safe from predators during the night.
The Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop has been built to be tough and withstand fox attacks. Your chickens will be thoroughly protected by the reinforced galvanised wire. This is incredibly strong stuff and is secured very strongly to the strong wooden frame of the run.
Cleaning and maintenance should be one of your biggest considerations when choosing a chicken coop. This is why all Pets Imperial chicken coops are equipped with a pull-out tray/dropping board covered with galvanised metal. This tray will collect your bird’s dropping while they are roosting inside the enclosed compartment. You can easily pull it out, clean it, and insert it back in.
To aid with hygiene and to ensure the health of your birds, we’ve also hinged the roof and made it easy for you to open. The nesting box has its own roof and that too opens up for easy egg collection and cleaning.
The Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop has a slanted shed-type roof design with an asphalt layer on top, making it fully waterproof and ensuring your birds remain dry when inside. The presence of an asphalt layer on the roof makes this coop superior to others on the market. A slanted design asphalt roof protects the wood structure from rainwater - it will increase the durability and significantly increase the number of years your coop will last.
An asphalt roof also provides insulation and protection from the elements. The strong asphalt acts as an insulator, ensuring your coop stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, therefore keeping your birds happy, healthy, and laying!
The Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop is solidly built and is made to last. The main living area is made from environmentally friendly, hard-wearing wood, that has quality tongue and groove joints. It can go through periods of intense temperature fluctuations, from the scorching heat to the bitterly cold - the structure will not warp or crack and will be solidly standing strong for years to come.
Your coop is supplied flat-packed and should reach you in great shape with no transport defects (always check the package for damage before accepting it). Please note that the Arlington Deluxe Chicken Coop comes in TWO packages which may be delivered separately. The packages include clear, easy to follow assembly instructions.
Buy now with complete confidence.